Stir-fried Morning Glory or " Phad Phak Bung Fai Daeng"
1) 1/2 Lb. or 3 cups morning glory
2) 5 cloves garlic
3) 10 fresh chilies
4) 3/4 Tbsp soy bean paste
5) 1 1/2 thin soy sauce
6) 1 Tbsp sugar
7) 2 Tbsp canola oil
1) Discard yellow or hard leaves of morning glory, wash dirt, and pat dry. Then cut into 2" length.
2) Peel garlic , remove chilies stem, wash dirt then coarsely pound in a mortar.
Add soy bean paste, thin soy sauce, sugar into the plate of morning glory.
4) Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. When the oil is hot, add coarsely pounded garlic and chillies, fry until fragrant.
5) Then add morning glory that we put soy bean paste, thin soy sauce and sugar.
6) Stir quickly until morning glory is soft.
7) Remove from the heat and enjoy your Phad Phak Bung Fai Daeng.
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Friday, May 9, 2014
This is my favorite cake, cheesecake, it is New York -Style cheesecake. Special thanks to my friend, Jenifer Maslow for teaching me how to make this cake. It has been passed on over a few generations of women in her family. I went to learn how to make it at her house, I took the cheesecake home to share with my husband and my friends, they all loved it and we all agreed this is the best cheesecake we had ever had. One month later, I took my Thai friends, P'Nok, Natalie and N'Pae, Tanasirin to learn to make cake with Jenifer again. We had so much fun and learned so much. We loved every minutes of it. Once again, thank you, Jenifer for all you did. You are a great teach.
I make cheesecake from my food processor, I don't have those stand or hand mixer. It works fine and I know I am going to have a nice one of stand mixer someday. I think I love to learn to make cake.
1) 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2) 1 tsp cinnamon
3) 8 Tbsp melted butter
1) 3 8Oz packages Philadelphia cream cheese (at room temperature)
2) 1 1/4 cups sugar
3) 4 eggs (at room temperature)
4) 2 cups sour cream
5) 1 cup whipping cream
6) 1 Tbsp lemon juice
7) 1/2 tsp vanilla
8) 1 zest of lemon
Lightly grease the bottom and a side of 11" spring form pan.
Parchment baking paper.
I show you how to make a parchment paper circle in a spring form pan.and how to put a parchment paper on a bottom of spring form pan.
I start with preparation of crust
Break a graham crackers into small pieces and place into a food processor.
Melt 8 Tbsp butter
In a mixing bowl, mix together ingredients for crust and press into prepared 11" spring form pan.
3 Packages Philadelphia cream cheese.
Add the remaining of ingredients, sour cream, lemon juice, vanilla and lemon zest. Mix until they are blended in.
The cheesecake will not fully set until chilled, remove the cheesecake from the oven onto a cooling rack.
This picture I show how to put fresh fruit on top of the cheesecake. There are mango, strawberry, kiwi and blueberry.
|I made for my friend, Tanasirin's birthday.|
|I made for my lovely brother-in-law, Darren's birthday.|
|I made for my wonderful mother-in-law, Carolyn's birthday.|