Sour and spicy shrimp soup or "Tom Yum Kung" in Thai. Tom Yum is the most famous of Thai soup. I can say Tom Yum soup is very popular in Thai restaurant in the US. It's clear soup which is flavoured with fresh lemon grass, galangal and kaffir lime leaf. The most well known version uses shrimp but you may also use with fish, chicken or seafood. If you read every entries of my blog I think you are very familiar with the word " Kung". Shrimp is Kung in Thai. I will do entry about Thai language with Thai food on next time. You can learn some more Thai and understand some Thai words.
1) 15 shrimps
2) 4 cups of water
3) 3 stalks fresh lemon grass
4) 3 " length of galangal
5) 4 kaffir lime leaves
6) 1 onion
7) 1 1/2 cup grape tomato
8) 4 fresh chilies pepper
9) 3 sprigs fresh cilantro
10) 1 1/2 Tbsp lime juices
11) 1 cup tamarind juice
12) 2 Tbsp Chilli Paste in soy bean oil ( Numprik pao)
13) 2 cup mushrooms
14) 3 Tbsp fish sauce or lite soy sauce.
15) 1/8 tsp salt
16) 5 fresh cilantro roots
1) Clean and peel shell.
2) Clean cilantro roots and cut fresh chilies i and kaffir lime leaves into half
3) Slice galangal roots.
4) Trim off the very end of the root of lemon grass and smash with pestle then cut into 1 " length.
5) Cut tomato into half.
6) Clean the mushroom very well and cut into 4 pieces.
8) Chop cilantro for garnish Tom Yum
9) Slice onion.
10) Bring 4 cups of water to boil over high heat in pot with salt, sliced galangal, cut lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves and tamarind juice.
11) Let it boil for 3 munites.
12) Then add Chilli Paste in soy bean oil ( Numprik pao)and mushroom into the pot.
13) Let mushroom for cook for a minute then add sliced onion.
14) Add shrimps into the pot.
15) After the shrimps is cooked and add cut of fresh chilies.
16) Add tomatoes.
17) Stir well and seasoning with fish sauce and lime juice. Before you serve garnish with cilantro.