Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Utensils of Thai Kitchen


Pestle and Mortar
I always use in cooking to prepare ingredients to crushes garlic, galangal, lemon grass and chili pepper.I like the mortar and pestle crushes them and so releases the flavoring juices more perfectly.


Handwoven Sticky Rice Serving Basket
This basket is from northeast of Thailand where I come from or the most of people call Esarn and we speak Esarn language. Sticky Rice (khao niao) is stable of Thai Northeastern cuisine. This tightly woven basket keeps sticky rice warm and moist, preserving it for long time. One thing that most people never know about how do we eat sticky rice? we sit on the floor and eat sticky rice by hand. My husband, David had experience in my village. He did great job, after he done eating I can see big pile of tissues in front of his lab. It made me very happy that he was becomming easier to get along with my family.

3 comments:

  1. It really nice model that I saw in ur blogs.

    Kitchen Equipment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pestle and Mortar is the one which we (me & my wife) were looking for the regular kitchen's use... as we were with the modern equipments by which the food looses its original taste... Thank you ... :)

    ReplyDelete