Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Vegetarian Stir-Fried Egg Noodle

Vegetarian Stir-Fried Egg Noodle or " Phad Ba Mee Jay" in Thai. Today I made another simple and healthy dish, it is so easy to put together cooked egg noodle with red pepper, mushroom and snow pea with Sriracha Sauce, thin soy sauce and sweet chili sauce. This was mild dish but made a great dinner. It has been for a week that I don't have real kitchen. I had cooked a lot of Thai dishes and I would love to share but it's really inconvenient to take a photos while I cook on the single burner propane stove. But I try this time. It seems to be okay. It works just fine and I just take my time. It's also going to take longer than we though on redo kitchen. Any way I am excited about it. I am so glad that I could share this recipe with you. I hope you like it.

Ingredients:
1) 3 coils egg noodle
2) 1 red bell pepper
3) 2 Cups snow pea
4) 6 mushrooms
5) 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
6) 3 1/2 Tbsp thin soy sauce
7) 1/2 Sriracha chili Sauce
8) 2 Tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce
9) 1 tsp sugar
10) 1 onion
11) 3 cloves garlic
12) 2 Tbsp canola oil.

Preparation:
1) This is egg noodle. It come with one package but here I used 3 coils for the dish.
2) Bring the water to boil in high heat, then cook the egg noodle in boiling water for 10 minutes or until the noddles cook. Remove from the heat. Drain and rinse in cold water and set aside.


3) Wash the mushrooms and thinly slice.

4) Wash red pepper and cut into 2 " length.
5) Wash snow peas and cut the end of both sides.
6) Peel onion and garlic and wash very well. Thinly slice onion and chop garlic.
7) Heat canola oil in a pan on medium heat.
8) When the oil is hot, add chopped garlic.
9) And add sliced onion. Stir-fried until fragrant.
10) Add thin soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, Sriracha chili sauce, sugar and lime juice.
12) Add sliced mushrooms to stir in the pan for a minute.
13) Add cooked egg noodle in stir in a pan .
14) Stir well until all ingredients mix well.
15) Add snow peas to stir in the pan for one minute.

16) Add cut red bell pepper into the pan.
17) Stir well until all ingredients get together. Remove from the heat and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment