Thai Steamed Curry Fish in green pepper or "Hor Mok Pla ; ห่อหมกปลา" in Thai. I made this recipe with banana leaves last time. I enjoyed to play with banana leave to make a small cup for the steaming of the fish. The banana leaves added the flavor to the food. I love to make this dish for my family. This time I want to try to make the Thai Steamed Curry Fish with green pepper. I used green pepper for the dish, I save some time to prepare the cup from the banana leaves and I can eat the whole green pepper. I like it. I hope you try to make it sometime. It tastes good and very easy to make it. Enjoy :-)
1) 1/2 Lb. Tilapia
2) 1 egg
3) 3 Tbsp fish sauce
4) 1 Tbsp rice flour
5) 2 sprigs cilantro
6) 4 fresh chilies
7) 3 kaffir lime leaves
8) 4 green pepper
9) 2 Tbsp red curry
10) 1 Tsp sugar
11) 1/2 can coconut milk ( 1 cup )
12) 2 cups sliced napa
13) 1 cup Thai basil
1) This is all ingredients you will need for this recipe.
2) Wash tilapia and slice it.
3) Open the top of green pepper and take the seeds out.
4) Pick only basil leaves from stems, remove chilies stems and thinly slice chilies and kaffir lime leaves. Wash dirt from cilantro.
5) Pour water in a pot then bring to boil in a medium heat, on the mean time cut napa into small pieces.
6) When the water is boiling, add cut napa to boil for 2-5 minutes.
6) Pour out the hot water and drain in cold water and squeeze napa to bring water out and set aside.
7) In a mixing bowl, add coconut milk, sugar, fish sauce and red curry.
8) Stir well until all ingredients are mixed.
9) Add sliced tilapia and stir well.
10) Add egg and Stir well until all ingredients are mixed.
11) Here is the mixture you get, then bring to stuff into the green pepper.
12) Add Thai basil on the bottom of each green pepper.
13) Then add squeezed napa .
14) Then fill each of green pepper with the mixture.
15) Bring to steam for 20-25 minutes.
16) In a small bowl, add1 Tbsp of rice flour and 1 Tbsp of water.
17) After steamed for 30 minutes, open the steamer then top with the mixing of water and rice flour.
18) Top with some sliced kaffir lime leaves, sliced chilies and cilantro.
19) Cover the lid for another 5-10 minutes, then the fish should be cooked.
20) Place a Hor mok Pla on a plate, I hope you enjoy my blog. :-)