Baked Tilapia with hot tamarind sauce or Op Pla Rad Prik ( อบปลาราดพริก ) in Thai. This is my second entries of Pla Rad Prik. This recipe I cook fish in a difference way. I ran out cooking oil, I try to bake tilapia with 400 degree for 45 minutes. It made a simple dinner and we enjoyed our dinner very much. I hope you enjoy my recipe too.
1) 2 Lbs. Tilapia
2) 1 Tbsp tamarind sauce
3) 1 Tbsp palm sugar
4) 1 Tbsp fish sauce
5) 2 cloves garlic
6) 5 shallots
7) 5 sprigs cilantro
8) 7 Thai chilies
9) 2 Tbsp canola oil
10) 1/2 Cup of water
1) Wash the fish and pat to dry. Turn on the oven into 400 F
2) when the oven is ready, sprinkle salt both side of tilapia then bring to bake with 4000F for 40-45 minutes.
3) Soak 1/3 cup of water with warm water for 5-10 minutes or until soft.
4) Squeeze the seeds and fiber with your fingers then strain and discard fibers.
5) Wash dirt from cilantro, peel garlic and shallots. Don't forget to remove chilies stems too.
6) Cut all vegetables into small pieces.
7) Use a mortar and pestle to crush the chillies, garlic, cilantro and shallots together.
8) Put canola oil into pan with medium heat.
9) When oil is hot add crushed garlic, shallots, cilantro and chilies.
10) Stir fried until fragrant.
11) Add tamarind juice, fish sauce, sugar and water.
12) Stir well until all ingredients mix together. The taste of sauce should be sweet, spicy and sour.
13) Check the fish in the oven.
14) When the tilapia is cook, place into the serving plate.
15) Pour the sauce on top of the fish and garnish with coriander leaves.