Thai rice noodle nests with fish curry sauce or Kanom Jeen Nam Yaah Ka Tee Pla : ขนมจีนน้ำยากะทิปลา. I don't know why I and my husband have never got enough of this recipe. I tried to make the sauce from the mushrooms last time, I found out that I love to have it with fish curry sauce more than the mushrooms sauce. When you see my pictures show you how to make the dish, you would think it is very complicated to cook it, but it is not. There are only 3 parts to make the dish, the noodles, the fish curry sauce and the vegetables. It is really easy and worth taking a time to cook a healthy dish for you and family.
Ingredients for the sauce :
1) 1 fillet while fish
2) 1/2 cup of coconut milk
3) 2 Tbsp fish sauce
4) 4 Tbsp Num Ya Curry Paste
5) 10 roots of krachai
6) 9 cloves garlic
7) 4 shallots
8) 4 cups water.
9) 1/2 Tbsp sugar
10) 1 tsp salt
11) 2 Tbsp canola oil
Vegetables for the side dish :
2)long green beans
4) morning glory
1 Package of vermicelli noodle.
1) This is one package of the vermicelli noodle. I cooked the whole pack for this recipe, that seems too much noodle for two of us. If you don't want lot of leftover of noodle. I will recommend to use half of the package.
2) Pour 4 cups of water in a wok, bring to boil on high heat, add the noodles to boil for 5 minutes or until soft.
3) Then pour out hot water and rinse in cold water. Grab a handful of cooked noodles, roll the noodles around your hand, and place it on a plate.
4) Peel garlic and shallots, clean Krachai. Wash a fillet of while fish.
5) In a pot, pour 4 cups of water, add 1 tsp of salt then bring to boil when the water is boiling, add garlic, shallots, krachai and fish into the pot. Let it boils for 5-8 minutes or until all ingredients are soft. Turn of the heat.
6) In a mortar, add 4 Tbsp Num Ya Curry Paste.
7) Add cooked garlic, shallots and krachai roots.
8) Use your mortar and pestle to grind ingredients gently.
9) Add cooked fish and use the mortar and pestle to grind up again. These steps you feel free to use the food processor to safe your time and energy but I love to use my mortar and pestle for a change sometime. 10) Here I got a Num Ya Paste. Look good and I am going to show you the fun steps to make the sauce.
11) Add canola oil into a pot on a medium heat.
12) When the oil is hot, add the kanom jeen nam yaah paste to stir fried until fragrant.
13) Add coconut milk into the pot and stir regularly to prevent sticking at a bottom.
14) Add 2 cups of the remaining of soup from the pot. Seasoning with fish sauce and sugar then remove from heat.
15) Wash all vegetables.
16) Scald morning glory for 30 seconds. Then set aside.
17) Slice green beans, cabbage and cut cucumber into small pieces then set aside.
18) Here we are about to ready to eat!
19) You put the vegetables on the bottom of your dish. You can put it much as you want, if you like to eat vegetables.
20) Arrange the cooked noodle on top of the vegetables.
21) And serve with hot Thai fish curry sauce. I hope you enjoy it.