Thai fried rice with shrimp or Khow Phad Gung: ข้าวผัดกุ้ง in Thai. First of all, I would like to say happy New Year to all of you. May the new year bring you peace, joy and happiness. Here is a first simple recipe of new year but great and healthy for you to cook sometime at your kitchen. I hope you love it and enjoy to cook Thai dish with me. Enjoy.
1) 2 cups cooked rice
2) 20 Shrimps
3) 2 eggs
4) 3 Tbsp thin soy sauce
5) 1/2 Tbsp sugar
6) 2 Tbsp canola oil
7) 2 cups Chinese broccoli
8) 3 cloves of minced garlic
For hot sauce ( Optional)
1) 1 Tbsp lime sauce
2) 3 fresh chilies
3) 2 Tbsp fish sauce
1) Clean shrimps. 2) Peel garlic then mice garlic, wash Chinese broccoli and pat dry.
3) Heat canola oil in a pan on medium heat.
4) When the oil is hot, add minced garlic into the pan. Stir fry until fragrant.
5) Then add shrimps.
6) Stir-fry until the shrimps are getting cook.
7) Add cooked rice then season with oyster sauce, thin soy sauce , and sugar.
8) Make room for eggs in the middle. 9) Scramble with spatula.
10) Spread eggs in a thin layer until the egg is cooked.
11) Stir well until the egg and rice get together.
12) Add Chinese broccoli.
13) Keep stir well until Chinese broccoli is getting soft. Turn off the heat.
14) Serve immediately with some sliced cucumber, sliced tomato or hot chillies sauce. Enjoy.