Thai fish cake or Tod Mun Pla: ทอดมันปลา in Thai. Thai fish cake is easy to make. It's really tasty by itself and it can be served with cucumber dipping sauce which sounded good. Here I am sharing my recipe and pictures of Thai fish cake with you, trying to re-create what I had in my kitchen. They are as good as they get. I really like it.
1) 2 Lbs Tilapia fillet
2) 2 eggs
3) 3 Tbsp red curry
4) 4 kaffir lime leaves
5) 1 cup slice long green beans
6) 2 and 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
7) 1 Tbsp sugar
8) 1/4 tsp salt
9) 1 cup canola oil
Ingredients for cucumber dipping sauce :
1) 1/2 cucumber
2) 3 sprigs cilantro
3) 1 green onion
4) 1 shallot
5) 3 hot Thai chilies
6) 4 Tbsp white vinegar
7) 2 Tbsp sugar
8) 1/4 tsp salt
9) 2 Tbsp ground roasted peanuts
10) 1/2 cup of water
1) Wash tilapia fillet, pat dry.
2) This is kaffir lime leave from my garden. I am so excited to cook from it.
3) Wash kaffir lime leaves and remove central stems and thinly sliced. 4) Wash long green beans , cut long green beans both end, and slice into small pieces.
5) slide tilapia into 2" lengths, put into food processor and blend well.
6) Add red curry paste, and mix together.
7) Add 2 eggs.
8) Add fish sauce, sugar and salt then blend all ingredients until sticky.
9) Add thinly sliced kaffir lime leaves.
10) Add cut long green beans.
11) Mix well.
12) In a pan, add 1 cup of canola oil on medium heat. When the oil is hot spoon of mixture to deep fry into a oil, form into small 2-3 inch diameter cakes.
13) Fry in oil until golden brown on both sides.
14) Drain on paper towel.
15) Wash all vegetables for making cucumber dipping sauce. There is sliced shallot to add in a dipping also which I forgot to make a photograpgh.
16) Thinly slice all vegetables.
17) Heat the water, vinegar and sugar in a sauce pan until the sugar dissolves.
18) When the mixture get cold, mix everything together.
19) Put the fried fish cake on a plate and serve with cucumber dipping sauce.