Thursday, December 16, 2010
Thai Spicy Eggplants Dip with Tilapia
Thai Spicy Eggplants Dip with Tilapia or "Soup Ma Kuea: ซุบมะเขือ" in Thai. Here is another Esarn food that I would like to share with you. I try to remember how my mother make it. This is very healthy food. I like it very much.
1) 7 Thai eggplants
2) 5 Shallots
3) 6 Thai chilies
4) 6 cloves garlic
5) 2 green onions
6) 3 sprigs cilantro
7) 5 Lao cilantro (Optional )
8) 1 filet Tilapia
9) 4 cups of water
10) 3 Tbsp fish sauce
11) 1 tsp salt
1) Wash tilapia and set aside.
2) Peel garlic and shallots then wash dirt, pick the stems from chilies and Thai eggplants then wash them well.
3) Slice Lao cilantro, cilantro and green onions.
4) Pour 4 cups of water in the pot. Add 1/2 tsp of salt.
5) Then bring Thai eggplants, chilies, shallots and garlic to boil.
6) When the water is boiling, add filet of tilapia to cook in the pot.
7) In the mortar, add cooked shallots, garlic and chilies and use the pestle pound gently,
8) Add cooked Thai eggplants in the mortar then use the pestle pound it gently.
9) Add cooked tilapia then well pound tilapia until well blend with all ingredients.10) Add fish sauce then taste for your own favor.
11) Add sliced Lao cilantro, cilantro and green onions.
12) Mix all together well and serve with fresh vegetables such as carrots, Chinese cabbage, and cucumber.