Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thai Wide Noodle in thick sauce with Shrimp

Thai Wide Noodle in thick sauce with Shrimp "Kuaytiao Rad Na Gung" This is my first recipe in two months that I had been gone to the outdoor festival with my husband and we are just back from a trip to Southeast Asia. We had a wonderful time with the place that we have never been to and nice time to visit my family and friends. We went to the Angkor Wat in Cambodia and Vientiane is the capital city of Laos and we stayed in the very nice hotel and we had tried so many kinds of Southeast Asia food. Every dishes we had from this trip was so amazing. I will go back to look at my photos and think about the food I had on last trip and I will try to make all of it with my own version. I had Rad Na Gung some restaurant in Bangkok. I want to try to make this recipe in my kitchen. Let's try my Rad Na Gung.

Ingredients for thick sauce:
1) 25 medium shrimps
2) 10 baby corns
3) 2 carrots
4) 4 stalks Chinese broccoli
5) 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
6) 2 Tbsp lite soy sauce
7) 1/2 Tbsp sugar
8) 1 tsp lime juice
9) 1 Tbsp canola oil
10) 2/3 cup of water
11) 1 Tbsp tapioca flour and 1/3 cup of water
12) 1 and 1/2 Tbsp. soy bean paste
13) 3 cloves garlic
14) 1 tsp dried pepper

Ingredients for the noodles:
1) 1 package wide noodle
2) 1 Tbsp canola oil
3) 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce

Preparation:
1) Add 1 Tbsp tapioca flour and 1/3 cup of water in a small bowl and set aside.
2) Peel the shell shrimps and clean it well then set aside.
3) There are my favorite vegetables that I like to have on my Rad Na Gung, carrots, baby corn and Chinese broccoli.
4) Wash Chinese broccoli, discard yellow or hard leaves and peel stems' skin. Cut leaves into 2" lengths, and slice peeled stems.

5) Peel garlic, wash dirt, and mince.
7) Place wide rice noodle on a plate, heat in microwave about 2 minutes, and separate clumped noodles into single strips or sometime I can get fresh wide noodle from the market that it is still soft and I don't need to heat in the microwave. I can separate clumped noodles.

8) Heat oil in pan with medium heat.
9) When pan get hot and put separated wide rice noodles into the pan .
10) Add dark soy sauce.
11) Stir fry until dark soy sauce cover all noodles and set cooked noodles aside.
12) Heat oil about 1 Tbsp in a pan on medium heat when pan get hot put minced garlic into a pan until fragrant.

13) Add shrimps.
14) Then season with lite soy sauce , soy bean paste, sugar and oyster sauce.
15) Stir fry all ingredients until the shrimp is cooked.
16) Add 2/3 cup of water into the pan and all of vegetables.
17) Add tapioca flour water into the pan and stir quickly until sauce is getting thicker.
18) Add lime juice, sugar and dried pepper then then taste as you like.
19) You have the gravy sauce and cooked noodle.
20) Put cooked wide rice noodles on plate.
21) Then top with the sauce, sprinkle some ground pepper, and serve hot. Enjoy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment