Drunken Fried Rice Shrimp or Khao Phad Kee Mao Gung : ข้าวผัดขี้เมากุ้ง in Thai. I am not big fan of fried rice recipe but I love to make it whenever I have left over cooked rice and I found its best way to create something in hand become great meal for my family. This is quite spicy fried rice and smell good with Thai basil in the dish. Very easy to make it too. Follow my recipe step by step and you can make it from your own kitchen too. Enjoy.
1) 3 cups cooked rice
2) 3 cloves garlic
3) 1 head while onion
4) 1 cup Thai basil
5) 2 eggs
6) 5 hot Thai chilies
7) 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
8) 2 Tbsp fish sauce
9) 1/2 Tbsp sugar
10) 3 Tbsp canola oil
1) Here is 3 cups of cooked rice.
2) Clean shrimps and wash all vegetable and herb, pick sweet basil leaves from stem.
3) Use the mortar and pestle to crush the garlic and chillies.
4) Put canola oil into pan with medium heat.
5) When oil is hot add crushed garlic and chilies.
6) Add sliced onions. Keep stir fried until fragrant.
7) Add shrimp. Stir well until shrimp is getting cook.
8) Make room for eggs in the middle, scramble with spatula.
9) After the egg is cooked.
10) Add cooked rice.
11) Season with oyster sauce, fish sauce, and sugar.
12) Stir-fry all ingredients until mix thoroughly.
13) Add sweet basil leaves.
14) Stir quickly, and remove from heat.
15) Put the fried rice on a plate, garnish with fresh sweet basil leaves.