Mung Bean Noodle Soup or "Tom Jeud Wun-sen Pla Sup ;ต้มจืดวุ้นเส้นplaสับ". This is very simply Thai soup that we love to have for breakfast. In the ingredients below, you can see mung beans noodles, fish balls, chopped green onions and cilantro and sprinkle with pepper powder and fried garlic. That could be great breakfast for your family. I hope you enjoy it.
1) 2 fillets Tilapia.
2) 9 dried shitake mushrooms
3) 1 green onion
4) 1 cup bean sprout ( Optional)
5) 5 sprigs cilantro
6) 1 tsp pepper powder
7) 1 tsp fried garlic
8) 1 Tbsp thin soy sauce for ground the fish.
9) 1 coil mung bean noodle.
Ingredients for the soup:
1) 5 cups water
2) 1 tsp salt
3) 5 cilantro roots
4) 2 Tbsp fish sauce or thin soy sauce
Fried garlic. I got from Asian store or you can make it from your kitchen. Here I show you how to make fried garlic. http://amporn-oleski.blogspot.com/2010/05/thai-rice-soup-with-shrimp.html
1) Soak dried shitake mushrooms in 2 cups water for 30 minutes or until soft.
2) Soak mung bean noodle in water for 3-5 minutes. 3) Grind tilapia and set aside.
4) Wash cilantro, green onion and bean sprout. When mushrooms are soft, press out all water and cut stems.
5) Chop cilantro, green onion and slice mushrooms into 1 " length and slice into very small pieces to mix with ground fish.
6) In a small bowl, add ground fish, 1 Tbsp thin soy sauce, shitake , 1/2 tsp pepper powder and chopped cilantro and green onion.
7) Mix all ingredients together.
8) Then form into lumps.
9) Heat the water in a pot with salt and cilantro roots.
10) When the water boils, out in the fish already prepared.
11) When the soup returns to a boil, add the mushrooms,
12) After that add mung bean noodle and season to taste with fish sauce, turn off the heat.
13) If you have this dish at Thailand you will not see bean sprout in the dish. I like to have it with my soup.
14) Sprinkle the fried garlic, pepper powder and chopped cilantro.