Thai Rice Soup with Shrimp or "Khao Tom Gung ข้าวต้มกุ้ง " in Thai. This is another recipe for good breakfast that I make rice soup with shrimp. This recipe is good for 2 bowl of Thai rice soup. If you make for more people feel free to double the ingredients suite to your family.I hope you enjoy my Thai cooking blog.
1) 15 shrimps
2) 2 cups bok choy
3) 2 cilantro sprigs for garnish
4) 1 green onion
5) 1" length ginger
5) 2 cups cooked rice
6) 6 cloves garlic
7) 2 Tbsp canola oil
Ingredients for the soup:
1) 4 cup water
2) 1/4 tsp salt
3) 2 cilantro roots or stem
4) 2 Tbsp thin soy sauce
5) 1 tsp sugar
6) 1 Tbsp lime juice
1) Peel garlic then mince garlic , put aside.
2) Heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
3) When the oil is hot, add minced garlic to fry until golden.
5) Remove from the heat then set aside in a small bowl.
6) Clean and peel shell shrimps.
7) Wash bok choy and cut into 2 " length.
8) Pour water 3 cups then bring to boil on high heat for cook bok choy and shrimps.
9) Pour 4 cups of water to boil on high heat, add salt and cilantro roots.
10) Let the water boil for 5 minutes then turn off the heat. Then seasoning the soup with thin soy sauce, sugar and lime juice.
11) Wash cilantro, green onion then cut into small pieces. Peel ginger and thinly slice. This is for garnish the soup.
12) Put cooked rice into the bowl ( 1 cup per 1 bowl rice soup).
13) Add cooked bok choy.
14) Add cooked shrimps.
15) Pour hot soup into the bowl.
16) Before serve garnish with green onion, cilantro, ginger and fried garlic. Enjoy!