Thai Steamed Fish with Lime Sauce or "Pla Neung Ma Nao: ปลานึ่งมะนาว " in Thai. This is my second steamed the whole fish with lime sauce. I didn't change any ingredients but I have better photograph with my new kitchen to do entry for the blog. http://amporn-oleski.blogspot.com/2010/02/thai-steamed-fish-with-lime-sauce.html
Ingredients for the steamed fish
1) 1.8 Lb. Tilapai
2) 2 Lemongrass
3) 3 Kaffirlime Leaves
4) 1/4 tsp salt
5) 2 " galangal root
Ingredients for the lime sauce
1) 4 Tbsp lime juice
2) 6 fresh chillies
3) 10 cloves garlic
4) 4 Tbsp fish sauce
5) 1 Tbsp sugar
6) 4 sprigs cilantro
7) 1 green onion
8) 1/8 tsp salt
9) 2 Tbsp water
1) Scraped and clean the fish very well. Wash lemongrass, kaffirlime leaves and galangal root.
2) Score the fish at an angle all the way to the bones on both sides to help it cook faster and the sauce get through the fish better.
3) Tear kaffilime leaves, slice galangal and use the pestle to smash lemongrass.
4) After that cut into 2" length.
5) Divide lemongrass, kaffirlime leaves and galangal into 2 parts, bring one part to put inside the fish.
6) Bring the another half to put on the plate then put the fish on the top before steam the fish.
7) Heat water in a steamer until boiling. Then put the prepared fish in the steamer and leave it for 15-20 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
9) On the mean time while we are steaming the fish. We can make a lime sauce. Wash green onion, cilantro, peel garlic and pick up the stems of fresh chilies.
10) Chop green onion and cilantro, garlic and fresh chillies into very pieces.
11) In a small mixing bowl, add fish sauce, water, sugar, lime juice and salt into mixing bowl. Stir well until sugar dissolved.
12) Put chopped cilantro, green onion, garlic and fresh chillies into mixing bowl .
13) Stir well and prepare to pour into the steamed fish.
14) When the fish is cooked, remove from the heat.
15) Place the steamed fish into a serving plate.
16) Pour the spicy lime sauce over the steamed fish.
17) Here is Pla Neung Ma Nao before serve you can garnish with sliced lime and Enjoy!