Stir-Fried Calamari with Thai basil or" Phad Kra Prow Pla Meuk: ผัดกระเพราปลาหมึก" in Thai. Phad Kra Prow is one of the most popular of all Thai dishes, both in Thailand and here in North America.If you've enjoy eating Phad Kra Prow at Thai restaurants , try this wonderful homemade recipe. You will love it.Quick and easy.
1) 1 Lb calamari
2) 4 sprigs Thai basil
3) 6 cloves garlic
4) 4 fresh chillies
5) 1 red bell peeper
6) 1 white onion
7) 1 " length ginger
8) 1 cup green beans
9) 1/2 Tbsp sugar
10) 3 Tbsp thin soy sauce or fish sauce
11) 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
12) 2 Tbsp canola oil
13) 2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
14) 2 Tbsp water
1) This is frozen calamari. It is fully cleaned trimmed and ready to be cooked. You can thaw overnight in bag in the refrigerator, or place the package under cold water for 10-15 minutes until thawed.
2) When the calamari thawed, wash it very well and drained.
3) Pour 2 cups of water to boil on high heat. When the water is boiling, add calamari to scald for 1-2 minutes.
4) Drain and set aside.
5) Peel garlic and onion then wash all vegetables.
6) Slice thinly onion, ginger and cut red pepper into 1" length.
7) Wash green beans and cut the both end of green beans. Cut green beans into 1.5 " length and Pick Thai basil leaves from the stems.
8) Remove chilies stems then use a mortar and pestle to crush the chillies and garlic.
9) Heat canola oil in a pan on medium heat.
10) When the oil is hot, add crushed the chillies and garlic then stir for a few second until fragrant.
11) Add sliced onion.
12) Add scalded calamari.
13) Seasoning with thin soy sauce, sugar, oyster sauce and lime juice.
12) Stir well and mix all ingredients together until calamari get into the sauce.
13) Add cut green beans.
14) Add cut red bell pepper.
15) Add sliced ginger.
16) Add Thai basil into the pan.
17) Stir quickly then remove from heat.
18) Place on the plate and serve immediately.