Thursday, January 28, 2010
Thai Fish Cake ( Tod Mun Pla )
Thai Fish Cake or " Tod Mun Pla " in Thai. It is very easy recipe and popular deep fry dish but here I don't fry the fish cake, I bake in the oven instead. It still retain the flavor and taste very good. This dish is good for appetizers too. Let's try to cook it. Maybe it is one of your favorite dish.
1) 1 Lb. white fish fillet ( or Tilapia )
2) 4 Tbsp red curry paste
3) 2 eggs
4) 1 cup green bean
5) 10 kaffir lime leaves
6) 3 lite soy sauce or fish sauce
7) 1/8 tsp. salt
8) 1 Tbsp sugar
9) 5 Kra Chai
1) cut fish , Krachai, green bean, and kaffir lime leaves into small pieces.
cut fish into into 2" lengths
Cut krachai into small pieces
cut Green bean into small pieces
cut kaffir lime leaves into small pieces
2) after cut fish and put into food processor and blend well.
3) add red curry, eggs, salt, sugar and fish sauce blend very well.
4) add krachai and green bean into the food processor and blend well
5) add kaffer lime leaves into the food processor and blend well
6) make sure you blend the food very well.
7) fish cake is done and ready to put on the oven.
8) move into bowl
9) shape into small patties about 3” in diameter on baking pan and put into the oven with 350F. for one hour.
10) check the fish cake, let is toast little bit and Put the fish cake on a plate and serve with cucumber relish.