Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Thai Rice Soup with tilapia



Thai Rice Soup with fish or Khao Tom Pla in Thai.It can be cooked with out meat or as here with fish. It can also be made with chicken or any combination of seafood that you have in your kitchen. Khao Tom is a popular meal for recovering patients but my husband loves to have Khao Tom for his breakfast. This is simple great healthy food from my kitchen for my husband. I always kidding my husband, David. He is simple man. We start our great day with good breakfast. I have friend Kate Barrere who came to visit us in West Chester and I cooked Khao Tom for her and she wrote me a letter to ask about Khao Tom Recipe. There you go Kate. I hope everyone enjoy it!


Ingredients: Soup
1) 4 cups Water
2) 1 inch Chop Ginger
3) 2 Tbsp lite soy Sauce or fish sauce
4) 1/8 tsp Salt
5) 1 tsp Sugar
6) 1 Tbsp Lime juice

Preparation: Soup

1) Pour water into a pot to boil on high heat and put chopped ginger.
2) Reduce heat to low them put all ingredients and put pot of soup aside.
Soup

Ingredients: Rice
1) 2 cup cooked jasmine rice
2) 1 green onions
3) 2 sprigs cilantro
4) 5 Chinese cabbage leaves (substitution with Napa or celery )
5) fried garlic (1 clove garlic and 2 Tbsp of canola oil)
6) 1/8 tsp. Thai pepper powder
7) 4 cup of water for cook vegetable and fish
8) 2 boneless of tilapia

put the oil into the pan to fry on medium heat when the pan is hot put chop garlic into the pan until golden brown. I normally make big amount and use for several weeks because I have Thai Rice Soup everyday.

Fried garlic

Pour water into pot to boil on high heat


then cook vegetable and tilapia in the boiled water.

cooked tilapia


cooked vegetable

after that put cooked jasmine rice into the bowl.


and cooked vegetable and cooked fish on the top of rice.


pour the hot soup into the bowl and garnish with chopped green onion and cilantro and the last sprinkle fried garlic and Thai pepper powder. and your soup will be ready to serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment