Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Guacamole

First of all, happy valentine's day. I hope it isn't too late. I hope you had a good time with your special person. I went out for lovely dinner with my husband at Thai orchid restaurant (Berwyn). The food was great and we know so many Thai friends and family. That was fun. I had a chance to visit one group of my husband's student in New Jersey on last week. There is one of student put the guacamole on the table with some corn chip. I would like to try to make it sometime and she send me a simple recipe to me and here I try to make it. Thank you Maricarmen. First recipe of Mexican food. I am so excited!

Ingredients:
1) 3 ripe avocados
2) 1/2 white onion
3) 1 jalapeno pepper (Here I used banana pepper)
4) 1 small bunch of cilantro
5) 2 limes

Preparation:
1) Wash cilantro, banana pepper and peel onion.
2) Mince onion , banana pepper, cilantro.
3) Cut avocados in half.
4) Remove seed. Scoop out avocado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl. Using a spoon, mash the avocado.
5) Add minced onion, cilantro and banana pepper then lime juice and some salt.
6) Mash some more.
7) Here is a very quick guacamole. 8) Enjoy guacamole with your favorite corn chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment