Stir-Fried Calamari with Prik Khing Curry Paste or "Phad Prik Khing Plamuk: ผัดพริกขิงปลาหมึก" in Thai. I made Stir-Fried Calamari with Prik Khing Curry Paste several times for my family and friends. They love it. I really like the combination between Prik Khing curry paste, calamari ( squid ) and green beans together. It is very easy to make Phad Prik Khing. I hope you try to make it sometime.
1) 1 Lb frozen calamari
2) 2 kaffir lime leaves
3) 20 green beans
4) 2 Tbsp canola oil
5) 3 Tbsp Prik Khing curry paste
6) 3/4 Tbsp sugar
7) 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
1) This is frozen calamari. It is fully cleaned trimmed and ready to be cooked. You can thaw overnight in bag in the refrigerator, or place the package under cold water for 10-15 minutes until thawed.
2) Prik khing curry paste made with ginger as a main ingredient. Prik king literally means chilli ginger. But in fact this paste is prepared with dried red chillies, shrimp paste, onion, garlic, lemongrass, kaffir lime peel and galangal.
3) Wash green beans and cut the both end of green beans.
4) Cut green beans into 1.5 " length.
5) Wash kaffir lime leaves.
6) Tear the kaffir lime leaves and thinly slice.
7) When the calamari thawed, wash it very well and drained.
8) Pour 2 cups of water to boil on high heat.
9) When the water is boiling, add calamari to scald for 1-2 minutes.
10) When the calamari is half way to cook then drain and set aside.
11) Heat canola oil in a pan on medium heat.
12) When the oil is hot, add Prik Khing Paste into the pan. Stir well for a minute.
13) Add scalded calamari.
14) Add thinly sliced kaffir lime leaves. Stir well for another minute until ingredients mix thoroughly.
15) Add cut green beans. Stir well until green beans are getting soft.
16) Season with fish sauce and sugar.
17) Place the stir-Fried calamari with prik khing curry paste on a plate, and serve immediately.