Thai spicy shrimp salad with lemongrass or "Plah Gung: พล่ากุ้ง" in Thai. I had it before last time we went to Bangkok. I have Thai friend came to visit me at the house and she teach me how to cook Pla Gung. It is hot and sour shrimp salad with lemongrass. Thank you Peepom for inspired me to cook Plah Gung. Very yummy.
1) 25 Shrimps
2) 5 stalks lemongrass
3) 2 kaffirlime leaves
4) 2 shallots
5) 3 fresh chilies
6) 5 sprigs cilantro
7) 2 sprigs mint
8) 1 Tbsp chilli paste in soy bean oil (Namprik Pao)
9) 2 Tbsp lime juice
10) 1 tsp sugar
11) 1 and 1/2 fish sauce
1) Peel shell of shrimps and wash very well and set aside.
2) Pour 3 cups of water into the pot on high heat.
3) When the water is boiling.
4) Add shrimps to scald in the boiling water for a minute. Please make sure, don't over cook shrimps.
5) This is Chilli paste in soy bean oil or "Namprik Pao" in Thai.
6) Wash all vegetables.
7) Thinly slice vegetables.
8) In mixing bowl, add 1 Tbsp Namprik Pao.
9) Add fish sauce, sugar and lime juice. Stir well until all ingredients get together.
10) Add scalded shrimps.
11) Mix the shrimps into the sauce.
12) Add all sliced vegetables into the bowl.
13) Then toss to mix well.
14) Spoon the Thai spicy shrimp salad with lemongrass onto a plate and serve immediately.