Thai coconut pandanus gelatin or "Kha Nom Wun Kati Bai Tua: ขนมวุ้นกะทิใบเตย" in Thai. It is Thai jelly made from agar agar and pandanus leaves. The pandanus leaves gives the green colour and the agar agar gives it a firm texture. This is very easy to make and it can be served in all occasions for everybody. You can do with out pandanus leave as well but the gelatin is just white.
Ingredients for making jelly:
1) 1 Tbsp agar agar Powder
2) 5 pandanus leaves ( 1/2 cup extract of pandanus )
3) 1/2 cup sugar
4) 3 cups of water
Ingredients for making topping:
1) 1 Tbsp agar agar powder
2) 1 cup of water
3) 2 cups coconut milk
4) 1/2 cup sugar
5) 1/4 tsp salt
1) Agar-Agar power.
2) Wash and cut Pandanus leaves into 2" length.
3) Put cut pandanus leave into a blender with 1 cup of water.
4) And blend until smooth.
5) Then squeeze blended pandanus leaves and sift pandanus-leaf juice. Set aside.
6) Pour 3 cups of water, add 1 Tbsp agar powder. Bring to boil until the agar-agar dissolves.
7) And 1/2 cup of sugar.
8) And stir until sugar and agar-agar dissolved.
9) Then strain through a very fine sieve or cheesecloth. I don't have any of them but I used strainer to remove any undissolved sugar.
10) Put the pot back in the medium heat and pour the pandanus juice into the pot.
11) Stir for another 5 minutes then remove from the heat.
12) Pour straight into moulds and leave to cool. Agar sets very quickly and it's better to pout it into moulds when hot. Or you can pour on the tray as well.
13) Next step, we will make topping. Pour 1 cup of water and 1 Tbsp of agar-agar to boil until dissolved.
14) Add 2 cups of coconut milk, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 tsp salt.
15) Stir well until sugar dissolved then remove from the heat.
16) Pour the topping onto the jelly in moulds . Leave to cool for about 2 hours then you can take it out from moulds.
17) Leave to cool for about 2 hours then you can take it out from moulds. If you pour onto the tray you can into pieces for serving.
18) Enjoy your Thai coconut pandanus gelatin or "Kha Nom Wun Kati Bai Tua: ขนมวุ้นกะทิใบเตย.