Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Thai green curry with Shrimp

Thai green curry with Shrimp or "Kaeng Khiaw Wan Gung :แกงเขียวหวานกุ้ง" in Thai. Kaeng Khiaw Wan Gung means sweet green curry, as far I made green curry in my kitchen is one of the milder curries of Thai food. I always prefer to make it more spicy by putting hot Thai chili into the pot. This recipe is very delicious. The result has such a wonderful taste. This entry I show you a difference way to make Thai green curry and I like it the best. I hope you enjoy my website and it helps you enjoy cooking Thai food.

Ingredients:
1) 15 Shrimps
2) 1 can coconut milk or 2 cups of coconut milk
3) 1/2 Tbsp sugar
4) 2 and 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
5) 1 cup Thai basil
6) 4 fresh chillies
7) 4 kaffir lime leaves
8) 1 zucchini
9) 3 Tbsp Green Curry Paste
10) 1 Tbsp canola oil

preparation:
1) Peel shrimp, clean well and pat to dry.
2) Here is the photo I show you my green curry paste that you can get at any Asian store.
3) My favorite brand of coconut milk.
4) Wash all vegetables.
5) Cut zucchini into a bite, tear kaffir lime leaves, pick only sweet basil leaves from stems and cut Thai chili in half.
6) In a pot, heat canola oil in medium heat.
7) When the oil is hot, add green curry paste.
8) Stir until fragrant.

9) Add 1 1/2 cups of the coconut milk.
10) Stir until a film of green oil surfaces.
11) Add shrimps continue cooking for 2-3 minutes until the shrimp is cooked through.
12) Add cut zucchini.
13) Add remaining the coconut milk.
14) Cook until the zucchini are done, season with sugar and fish sauce.
15) Add kaffir lime leaves, Thai basil and hot chili.




16) Turn off the heat.
17) place into a serving dish , garnish with sweet basil leaves and red chili. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment