Thai rice noodles nest with mushrooms sauce or "Kanom Jeen Nam Yaah Ka Tee Hed:ขนมจีนน้ำยากะทิเห็ด" in Thai. I love to eat Kanom Jeen Nam Yaah so much. Normally, I made the sauce from the fish. This recipe I learn to make the sauce from mushrooms and the very special of this time. I made it from the scratch. It takes me for 5 hours to finish the dish. I am happy with the result and my husband loves it so much. This is very healthy dish and lot of Thai herbs in the paste. I would like to thank you, Khun Pakavadee Siriprasert for your inspiration recipe. It made me want to try to make it. Some step that I remember from my mother made it too. I like it very much. I can't wait to make it again.
1) 3/4 Lb. mushrooms
2) 6 stalks lemon grass
3) 10 roots of krachai
4) 3 roots of cumin
5) 2 galangal
6) 16 shallots
7) 15 cloves garlic
8) 8 kaffir lime leaves.
9) 24 dried pepper
10) 3 tsp shrimp paste
11) 8 Tbsp fish sauce
12) 1/2 Tbsp sugar
13) 1 and 1/2 cups coconut milk
14) 5 cup of water
15) bean sprout, pickled mustard, thinly slice green bean and cucumber
16) 5 rolls noodles.
17) 1 Tbsp canola oil
1) This is dried chili pepper.
2) Take the seeds out then bring to soak with water for 10-20 minutes or until soft.
4) Wash mushrooms then pat to dry.
5) Peel and wash all herbs.
6) Cut all herbs into small pieces.
7) In a big pot, pour 10 cups of water, bring to boil with all the herbs on medium heat.
8) When the water is bolling, bring soaked dried chili pepper into the pot.
9) Cut the mushrooms into small pieces.
10) Add into the pot. Let it boils for another 10 minutes or until all ingredients is done.
11) Add shrimp paste.
12) Stir a little bit and make sure shrimp paste dissolved.
13) Here I used Japanese Somen noodle.
14) Pour 4 cups water in a pot, bring to boil on high heat, add the noodles, and stir thoroughly. Boil for 5 minutes.
15) Pour out hot water and rinse in cold water. Grab a handful of cooked noodles, roll the noodles around your hand, and place it on a plate.
Preparation side ingredients:
16) Pickled mustard, pour 3 cups of water in a pot, bring to boil on high heat, then add pickled mustard, and let it boil about 10 minutes. Drain, rinse in cold water, squeeze water out, and place them on a plate.
17) Slice all vegetables into small pieces. Set aside.
18) Blend cooked mushrooms and the herbs in the food processor.
19) Add canola oil into a pot on a medium heat.
20) When the oil is hot, add the Kanom Jeen Nam Yaah paste to stir fried until fragrant.
21) Add coconut milk.
22) Stir regularly to prevent sticking at a bottom.
23) Add 5 cups of the water.
24) Seasoning with fish sauce and sugar then remove from heat.
25) Here is the Kanom Jeen Nam Yaah that I made from the mushrooms. Look good.
26) Arrange the cooked noodle nests and all side ingredients such as sliced long green beans, and sliced pickled mustard, bean sprout and cucumber on a serving plate. 27 ) Serve hot with mushroom sauce.