Thai mung bean noodle soup with shrimp or "Wun Sen Kuay-Tiaw Tom Yum Gung" in Thai. I made it again with mung bean noodle. I made this soup with rice noodle with fish last time. http://amporn-oleski.blogspot.com/2010/04/thai-small-rice-noodle-soup-with-ground.html I have to be honest at this time that I am lazy to make fried garlic. I bought fried garlic from Asian grocery. That save some more time to make the dish. If you can't find it on the market you can see the old entry of my blog.
Ingredients for Soup:
1) 4 cups water
2) 1/8 tsp salt
3) 2 Tbsp thin soy sauce
4) 2 cilantro roots
5) 1 tsp sugar
Ingredients for noodle:
1) 2 coils mung bean noodle
2) 15 shrimps
3) 2 tsp fried garlic
4) 2 cup bean sprout ( substitute cabbage, celery or napa)
1) 1 green onion
2) 8 sprigs cilantro
3) 1/8 pepper powder
Ingredients for the sauce:
1) 2 Tbsp fish sauce
2) 1 tsp ground dried chili
3) 2 Tbsp lime juice
4) 4 Tbsp ground roasted peanuts
5) 1 Tbsp sugar
1) Soak mung bean noodles with water for 10 minutes, drain, and set aside.
2) Clean and peel shell shrimps then set aside.
3)Wash bean sprout, drain and set aside.
4)Wash cilantro and green onion, cut into small pieces and set aside for garnish.
5) Pour water into the pot. Add salt and cilantro roots and bring to boil. When the water is boiling, add thin soy sauce, sugar. Then turn the heat to low.
6) Use the mortar and pestle grind roasted peanuts.
7) In a small mixing bowl, add fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and ground peanuts.
8)Stir well until all ingredients get together. Set aside.
9) In a pot, pour water to boil on high heat. When the water is boiling, scald bean sprout until get soft.
10) Then place to the bowl.
11) Bring mung bean noodle to scald for a few seconds until get soft.
12) Place to a bowl.
13) Here is fried garlic that I bought from Asian grocery. 14) Add 1 tsp each bowl and stir thoroughly, and set aside.
15) Pour the mixture of sauce on the bowl.
16) Boil shrimps for a minute until cook in hot water.
17) Add cooked shrimp into a bowl.
18) Add cut green onion and cilantro.
19) Pour the hot soup on the bowl and sprinkle with pepper power and ready to be serve. Enjoy!