Wonton Noodle Soup with Shrimp or " Kuay Tiew Sen Ba Mee Gung ก๋วยเตี๋ยวเส้นบะหมี่ " in Thai. My husband and I made a special trip to Hmart at Upper Darby, PA to get some green papaya for me to make Som Tum but there was sad that they ran out the stock but we came back home with car load of Asian Ingredients anyway. I got some wonton noodle and I made Wonton Noodle Soup for our breakfast. We have Michael Solomon and Luna came over for a night and I made this recipe for our breakfast and we shown him how do we eat Kuay Tiew. We had great time with him and Luna.
This recipe for 3 serving.
Ingredients for Soup:
1) 7 cups of water
2) 4 roots of cilantro
3) 1/2 tsp salt
4) 3 Tbsp fish sauce or thin soy sauce
5) 1 tsp sugar
Thai condiment caddy including fish sauce, sugar, lime juice and red chili powder
Ingredients for noodle:
1) 3/4 package wonton noodle
2) 16 shrimps
3) 4 springs cilantro
4) 5) fried garlic
6) 2 cups bean sprout
7) 5 Chinese broccoli
8) 1 carrot
1) Clean shrimp and peel shell.
2) Open the package of wonton noodle. It came with small coil. You can spread them out before bring to boil with water.
3) Fried garlic.
4) Wash all vegetables ( Green onion, cilantro, bean sprout, carrot and Chinese broccoli.
5) Peel carrot and shred. It is optional. If you don't have it is just fine too.
6) Discard yellow or hard part from Chinese broccoli. Then cut into 1 1/2 " length.
7) Cut green onions and cilantro into small pieces for garnish the soup. Cut 1" length cilantro roots for the soup.
8) Pour 7 cuts of water into the pot on high heat, when the water is boiling, bring cut Chinese broccoli, bean sprout and noodle to cook.
9) Place cooked of vegetables and noodle on a plate and set aside.
10) Pour a cup of water into the wok on high heat . When the water is hot. Add shrimp to boil on the water. Be carefully, don't over cook seafood. You could taste shrimp like rubber.
11) Pour 7 cups of water into the pot to boil with salt and cilantro roots. Let 's boil for 3-5 minutes then turn the heat to slow and add the rest of ingredients for the soup.
12) Let's start how to put wonton noodle soup into the bowl for serving. Add cooked wonton noodle.
13) Next, add cooked Chinese broccoli, bean sprout and shredded carrot.
14) Add cooked shrimps.
15) pour the hot soup into the bowl.
16) Sprinkle with fried garlic, cut green onion and cilantro.
17) First, you taste your soup, if you like the way it is. You can just enjoy your soup. If you like it little more spicy you can put red chili powder. If you like it more sweet you can add sugar on it. If you like it more sour you can add lime juice.
18) Enjoy! this 's the way I like to make it's little bit spicier by putting red chili powder.