Thai noodle soup with fish balls or Kuay-Tiaw Tom Yum Luke Chin Pla; ก๋วยเตี๋ยวต้มยำลูกชิ้นปลา.
This recipe for 2 serving
Ingredients for Soup:
1) 6 cups of water
2) 3 roots of cilantro
3) 1/2 tsp salt
4) 1/4 tsp white pepper
5) 3 stalks Chinese celery
6) 1/2 of white radish
Ingredients for noodle:) 1/4 Lb. rice noodle
2) 15 fish balls
3) 2 tsp fried garlic http://amporn-oleski.blogspot.com/2010/05/thai-rice-soup-with-shrimp.html
4) 1 cup bean sprout
Ingredients for the sauce:1) 2 and 1/2 fish sauce
2) 1 tsp ground dried chili
3) 2 and 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
4) 4 Tbsp ground peanuts
5) 1/2 Tbsp sugar
6) 1 tsp Chili paste in soy bean oil ( Nam Prik Pao)
Ingredients for garnish:1) 1 green onion
2) 3 sprigs cilantro
3) 1/8 white pepper powder
1) This is all ingredients you will need. I have leftover fresh small rice noodle here, I don't need to soak with the water.
2) Here is ingredients to put in the soup. Wash dirt from cilantro and Chinese celery, Peel white radish then cut in a small bite.
3) Pour water into the pot. Put all ingredients into the soup pot. In another pot, pour water to boil on high heat to scald the fish balls, noodle and beans sprout.
4) Wash cilantro, Chinese celery and green onion, cut into small pieces and set aside for garnish. 5) Place the peanuts into a mortar and grind them with the pestle.
6) In a small mixing bowl, add all the Ingredients for the sauce then stir well until all ingredients get together.
7) When the water is boiling, scald bean sprout until get soft, then place into a bowl.
8) Bring fresh noodle to scald for 30 seconds or until get soft then place to a bowl.
9) Add fried garlic into the rice noodle, stir thoroughly.
10) Pour 1/2 of mixture on top of the soup bowl.
11) Then add scalded fish balls.
12) Pour the hot soup on the bowl.
13) Garnish with cut green onions, cilantro , Chinese celery and white pepper power and ready to be serve.