Thai style crab rice porridge or Joke Poo; โจ๊กปู in Thai. If we are talking about Thai breakfast, this is one of the recipe that Thai like to have it for breakfast. It's delicious, comfort food and very good for someone feeling ill.
This recipe for two bowls of Joke Poo
Ingredients for the rice:
1) 2 cups cooked jasmine rice.
2) 4 cups water
3) 1/8 tsp salt
4) 2 Tbsp thin soy sauce
Ingredients for the soup :
1) 2 " length ginger
2) 5 cups ginger juice
3) 1/4 tsp salt
4) 1/2 cup crab meat
5) 1/8 white pepper
Ingredients for the garnish :
1) ground white pepper powder
2) thin soy sauce
3) finely slivered fresh ginger
4) finely sliced green onions
5) fried garlic
1) Boil cooked jasmine rice with water. Keep stirring constantly until the rice is very soft and breaks apart. I used whisk to broke apart of the rice for save sometime or you can use food processor .
2) Prepare the broth using a fresh ginger. Peel ginger and cut into small pieces.
3) Bring into a a blender. Strained to get 1/2 cup ginger juice. 4) Pour 5 cups water to boil, add salt and ground white pepper. When the soup is boiling for two minutes. Bring the crab meat to scald then set a side. Turn off the heat and save the soup for next steps.
5) Scoop cooked rice into another pot with 1 and 1/2 cups of broth.
6) Bring it to a boil, stirring, and season with salt and thin soy sauce.
7) Here is the garnish. Place the joke into a bowl.
8) Top crab meat, fried garlic, sliced green onions, slivered fresh ginger and sprinkle with Thai pepper powder.
9) Serve hot, it's delicious and enjoy.