Thai sweet red chili sauce or Nam Jim ;น้ำจิ้ม. It can be served as a dip with spring rolls, grilled chicken, vegetables or shrimp. It's versatile all purpose sauce. You can see from any supermarket. I will show you how to make it. It's easy.
1) 1/2 cup vinegar
2) 1/2 cup water
3) 9 cloves garlic
4) 12 fresh chilies
5) 1/4 cup of white sugar
6) 1 Tbsp fish sauce
1) Peel garlic, remove chilies stems, wash pat dry.
2) Cut into pieces.
3) Bring to the blender.
4) In a small pot, pour vinegar, sugar and water over medium heat. Bring to boil. Stir constantly until sugar dissolved and the sauce is thick.
5) Add ground garlic and fresh chili.
6) Reduce the heat to low and stir constantly about two minutes.
7) Remove from heat. Add fish sauce into the pot then taste it. You should taste sweet, sour, then spicy and salty.
8) Pour sauce into a small bowl and serve with my fish balls. Enjoy !