Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Baked Tilapia with Tamarind Sauce
Baked Tilapia with tamarind sauce or " Pla Op Num Ma Kham " in Thai. This is easy to bake with tamarind sauce, which is a fruit that grows in many parts of Asia. Make it easy on yourself and buy the prepared tamarind paste at a Chinese, Asian, or Indian food store. I like the most about This dish is that it tends to try to balance sweet, sour, spicy and salty with all ingredients and the results just delicious. The sauce is a combination of sweet and sour, with tones of chili, garlic and ginger.Here is only one dish that I can use tamarind sauce with my food. I look forward to using again.
1) 1/2 Lb. tilapia
2) 1 green onion
Ingredients for Sauce:
1) 2 Tbsp Tamarind sauce
2) 1 tsp palm sugar
3) 3 Tbsp water
4) 2 Tbsp Chilli Paste in Soy bean Oil
5) 1/8 shrimp paste
6) 2 Tbsp ginger
7) 2 Tbsp garlic
3) 2 Tbsp lite soy sauce or fish sauce
Ingredients for seasoning mix
1) 3 fresh chillies
2) 1/8 tsp salt
3) 1 Tbsp lite soy sauce or fish sauce
4) 2 roots of cilantro
1) Wash fish and prepare to marinate
2) remove chillies stems then use a mortar and pestle to crush the chillies and cilantro roots with salt.
put 1 Tbsp fish sauce into the morta
then bring to marinate fish for 20 minuts.
3) chop ginger
4) grind garlic with garlic press
5) put tamarind sauce into pan with low to meduim heat
6) add ginger, garlic, water, palm sugar, fish sauce, chilli Paste and shrimp Paste into pan
7) mix all ingredients very well and turn on heat to low
8) bring fish into baking pan
put sauce on top of fish
bring to bake with 350F for 15 minuts.
9) check fish is cooked
10) cut green onion into small pieces and garnish the fish. Enjoy!