Monday, February 1, 2010
Stir-Fried Shrimp with Thai Basil
Stir-Fried Shrimp with Thai Basil or " Phad Kra Prow Gung " This is popular stir-fried recipe from easy to find ingredients. It 's Delicious but very easy to cook. It's spicy and yummy. Here I put some carrots in the dish. You can use bell pepper, grean beans or sometime I stir fried with bamboo shot. I will cook next time. We cook this dish for our dinner tonight and thank you my husband for being cleaning seafood section as usual.
1) 16 Medium Shrimps
2) 1 cup Thai basil
3) 2 cloves garlic
4) 3 fresh chillies
5) 1 Tsp sugar
6) 2 Tbsp lite soy sauce or fish sauce
7) 1 tsp lime juice
8) 2 Tbsp canola oil
9) 1 cup carrot
10) 3 shallots
11) 1 " ginger
1) Clean shirmps, peel shell.
And pick only sweet basil leaves from stems.
2) Remove chillies stems and peel garlic then use a mortar and pestle to crush the chillies and garlic for the best result.
3) Thinly slice shallots .
4) Peel the skin out from giner and wash dirt well then slice fresh ginger.
5) Peel the carrots and cut carrots into 2 " length.
6) Heat the canola oil in a pan over medium heat.
7) Add crushed garlic and chillies to stir in the pan.
Wait a secound add shallots, ginger and all ingredients (sugar, lite soy sauce and lime juice ) stir until crisp & golden .
8) Next put carrots into the pan to stir-fried until almost cook.
9) Put shrimps into the pan until cook. Make sure do not over cook seafood.
10) Add Thai basil leaves.
11) Stir quickly to heat sweet basil so they retain their colour, then remove from heat. Enjoy!