Monday, February 8, 2010
Thai Wide Noodle in thick sauce with seafood
Thai Wide Noodle in thick sauce with seafood or "Rad Na Talay" in Thai. This is easy food to make and Thai people like to order for launch. Normally, we don't put make the pot spicy like Phad See Ew. They will have hot sauce and hot dried pepper flakers on the table and you can add spice as you like. I can say this is quite mild. If you do not like spicy food you might like this dish. I never had Rad Na here in the USA. Last November, my husband and I went to visit Thailand. Actually, this was our wedding trip. My mother in law came along with us. It was special trip for us and so wonderful to have her with us and to be part of our wedding. My mother in law ordered Rad Nar Talay for us to try at A Thai restaurant in Bangkok, we liked it and I would like to try to make it in my kitchen here. It was great. You can try
Ingredients for thick sauce:
1) 15 medium shrimps
2) 1 cup octopus
3) 1 carrot
4) 1 cup Chinese broccoli
5) 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
6) 2 Tbsp lite soy sauce
7) 3/4 Tbsp sugar
8) 1 tsp lime juice
9) 1 Tbsp canola oil
10) 1 cup water
11) 3 Tbsp tapioca flour
12) 2 Tbsp soy bean paste
13) 1/8 tsp pepper powder
14) 6 cloves garlic
Ingredients for noodle
1) 1/2 package wide noodle
2) 1 Tbsp canola oil
3) 1 Tbsp dark soy sauce
Preparation the noodle
1) Place wide rice noodle on a plate, heat in microwave about 2 minutes, and separate clumped noodles into single strips.
2) Heat oil in pan with medium heat
3) When pan get hot and put noodle into the pan .
4) Stir fry until dark soy sauce cover all noodles
5) And set cooked noodles aside.
Preparation for thick sauce
1) Mix the tapioca with water 1 cup
2) Clean octopuses and peel shrimps .
3) Cut carrots into 1.5" length .
4) Chop garlic.
5) Cut Chinese broccoli into 2 " length.
6) Heat oil about 1 Tbsp in a pan on medium heat when pan get hot put chopped garlic into a pan until fragrant.
7) Add seafood ( shrimps and octopus) into the pan stir until the seafood is getting cook
8) Then season with lite soy sauce, oyster sauce, lime juice and sugar.
9) Stir fry all ingredients until the seafood is cooked.
9) Add soy bean paste.
10) Add tapioca flour water into the pan ans stir quickly until sauce is getting thicker.
11) add cut carrot and Chinese broccoli until vegetable get cook
12) Stir well until all ingredients get together .
13) Bring noodle that stir with dark soy sauce to a plate.
14) Pour the thick sauce on top of noodle and garnish with pepper powder. Enjoy!