Monday, February 15, 2010

Rice Noodle with seafood Curry Sauce



Rice Noodle with seafood Curry Sauce or "Khao Soi Talay" in Thai. Today I am going to take you to try noodle recipe from North of Thailand, Chiang Mai. I heard somebody said, whenever you go to Chiang Mai and you don't try this food. It means you aren't really get in Chiang Mai. The original recipe is from North of Thailand. But you can find to eat anywhere in Bangkok. We take from Myanmar to put the curry powder into the red curry paste. The combination between curry powder, red curry paste and ginger with coconut milk. It is just spectacular. Here I made with seafood and I used rice noodle instead of egg noodle. And I put some green bean and cabbage also. I used all vegetable that I have in my refrigerator. So I don't follow all ingredients from the original recipe. I made my own version of Khao Soi. I don't put crispy fried noodles and pickled mustard green that I am supposed to have. But but the results are still tasty. We should eat all fresh vegetable I have here because we are not going to be home for a week. We will be leaving home to go to Florida, Naples. Of course, I will miss my kitchen. In the mean time, I am excited to go to new place and try new restaurant in Florida and I can't wait to get back to my kitchen and try new recipe.

Ingredients:
1) 1/2 Lb. octopus
2) 15 Medium shrimps
3) 1 Tbsp curry powder
4) 1/4 cup slice ginger
5) 1 cup slice cabbage ( optional )
6) 1/2 cup slice thinly green bean ( optional )
7) 1/2 palm sugar
8) 2 Tbsp fish sauce
9) 1 cup coconut milk
10) 1 Tbsp red curry
11) 1/2 cup water
12) 1 Tbsp lime juice
13) 2 shallots
14) 3 sprigs cilantro
15) 1 Tbsp canola oil

Preparation:

1) Soak rice noodle for 20 minutes.


2) Clean octopus then cut small pieces and peel shrimps


3) Slice cabbage and green


4) Chop shallots and cilantro



5) Cut ginger into small pieces



6) Then use mortar and pestle to pound very well.





7) Add red curry to the mortar


8) Then crush until well blend


9) Heat oi l in a pot on medium heat


10) When the pot is hot add crushed red curry and ginger in the pot.


11) Stir until fragrant.


12) Then add seafood into the pot.


13) When the seafood is getting cook then add curry powder.


14) Stir very well until all ingredients is mix together.


15) Add coconut milk into the pot.


16) Let the mixture simmer for 1 minute.


17) Then add 1/2 water, season with fish sauce, sugar and lime juice.


18) Stir well then remove from the heat.


19) put water on the pot to boil for cook the rice noodle after soak 20 minutes.
When the water is getting boiling cook noodle only 30 seconds.


20) Bring to soak with cold water and drain.


21) Put sliced cabbage and green been on the bottom of the bowl.


22) After that place cooked rice noodle on top.



23) Then pour the sauce from the pot and garnish with chopped cilantro and shallots. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment