Thai green curry with Shrimp or "Kaeng Khiaw Wan Gung" in Thai. This is another simple Thai green curry dish. Green curry paste made from fresh chilies, shallots, garlic, galangal, lemon grass, kaffir lime rind, coriander root, white peppercorns, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, sea salt and shrimp paste. I will make curry paste next time. Here I use green curry from a can. The ingredients should have with Thai green curry is Thai eggplant. It makes the result is very aromatic and beautiful of Thai green curry. After I am back from Naples, Florida. I still feel exhausted and green curry is be suited for me today. It is quick and easy to make it but great recipe.
1) 15 Shrimps
2) 1 cup coconut milk
3) 1/2 Tbsp palm sugar
4) 1 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
5) 1 cup Thai basil
6) 3 fresh chillies
7) 3 kaffir lime leaves
8) 6 Thai eggplants
9) 2 Tbsp Green Curry Paste
1)Peel shrimps and clean very well
2) Cut kaffir lime leaves and fresh chillies into half
3) Wash Thai sweet basil and pick only sweet basil leaves from stems
4) Clean Thai eggplants, remove stem, cut into 4 pieces.
5) Heat 1 cup of coconut milk over medium heat until the oil surfaces
6) Add green curry paste and stir constantly for 2 minutes until fragrant and green oil surfaces
7) Add cut of Thai eggplants into the pot and let it cooks for a minute.
8) Add shrimps into the pot until shrimps is cooked.
9) Season to taste with fish sauce and palm sugar, stir well.
10) Add cut kaffir lime leaves.
11) After that add Thai basil in the pot.
12) The last add fresh chillies into the pot
13) Stir quickly to heat sweet basil, kaffir lime leave and fresh chillies so they retain their colour, then remove from heat. enjoy!