Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Shrimp Red Curry with bamboo shoots
Shrimp Red Curry with bamboo shoots or "Khang Phed Gung Sai Nor Mai" in Thai. This is authentic spicy coconut milk with red curry paste that come from dried chili, shallots, garlic, lemongrass, galangal , and kaffir lime leaves. This is quick and yummy Thai dish and very easy to find ingredients. Today is cold and snow last night. We are still warming up after shovelling this afternoon. so quick and delicious recipe should be this dish for tonight.
1) 15 Shrimps
2) 1/2 cup shredded bamboo shoots (can bamboo shoots)
3) 1 tsp palm sugar
4) 2 Tbsp lite soy sauce or fish sauce
5) 1 cup Thai Basil
6) 2 fresh chillies
7) 2 kaffir lime leaves
8) 1 cup coconut milk
9) 2 Tbsp red curry paste
1) wash and peel shrimps
2) Clean shredded bamboo shoots very well then bring to boil on high heat for 15 minutes set aside
3) pick only sweet basil leaves from stem
4) slice chillies and kaffir lime leaves
5) pour coconut into pot on medium heat until boil.
6)put red curry into the pot
Stir until thoroughly mixed and let it boil until some oil appear on surface, stir constantly.
7) add shredded bamboo shoots,
8) add palm sugar, lite soy sauce and stir thoroughly
9) add shrimp into pot
stir until shrimp cooked
10) add Thai basil
11) after a few seconds add kaffir lime leaves and chillies into the pot and remove from the heat and ready to be served.. Enjoy!