Phad Thai Wrapped in Egg or "Phad Thai Hor Khai ;ผัดไทยห่อไข่" in Thai. This is my third dished of Phad Thai. Phad Thai Hor Khai means Phad Thai that wrapped in egg. This is another version of Phai Thai. You can find the version of Phad Thai you like and try to make it.
1) 1/8 Lb. rice noodle
2) 15 medium shrimps
3) 1/3 cup dry shrimp
4) 3 eggs
5) 3 Tbsp ground roast peanut
6) 3 Tbsp canola oil
7) 3 shallots
8) 3 cloves garlic
9) 2 cups bean sprout
10) 1 cups Chinese chives ( or garlic leaf or green onion)
11) 1/3 cups diced extra firm tofu
Ingredients for Phad Thai Sauce
1) 3 Tbsp tamarind juice
2) 3 Tbsp lite soy sauce (or fish sauce)
3) 1 Tbsp Palm sugar
1) Soak dry noodle for 15-20 minutes or until noodle is soft.
2) When the noodle is soft. Drain and set aside.
3) Put tamarind juice, thin soy sauce and palm sugar ( Phad Thai sauce) into the pan sauce and stir well on low heat until palm sugar dissolve.
4) Place into a small bowl and set aside.
5) Beat eggs, add thin soy sauce for 1 tsp. and mix well.
6) When the oil is hot, spread the oil.
7) pour the egg and spread it in a thin layer all over the pan.
8) When the egg is cooked, turn off the heat and set aside to wrap Phad Thai.
9) Wash bean sprout and Chinese chives and cut into 1" length.
10) Peel shallot and garlic then cut shallots into small pieces and mince garlic.
11) Clean shrimps and peel shell, cut extra tofu into small dices and prepare dried shrimp.
12) Heat 2 Tbsp canola oil in a pan on medium heat.
13) When the oil is hot, add cut shallots and minced garlic. Stir fried until fragrant.
14) Add cut extra tofu and stir fried for a 30 seconds.
15) Add shrimps and dried shrimp.
16) Add half of Phad Thai sauce into the pan and stir well until shrimp is cooked.
17) Add noodle into the pan.
18) Add the remaining of Phad Thai sauce and stir well until noodle is soft and the sauce cover all the noodle.
19) Add cut Chinese chives and stir until soft then add ground roasted peanuts.
20) Add bean sprouts.
21) Mix all ingredients thoroughly and remove from the heat.
22) Place Phad Thai on the middle of fried beaten egg wrapper.
23) Fold all 4 sides to cover the filling.
24) Then place another plate over the stuffed egg and turn it up.
25) Use knife to cut and open the stuffed egg and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy your Phad Thai Hor Khai.