Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Stir-fried Crab with Curry Powder

Stir-fried Crab with Curry Powder or "Poo Phat Phong Kari ปูผัดผงกะหรี่" This is very popular menu at Thailand. I got crab from the supermarket that already cooked and I have Chinese celery in my fridge. I would love to make the dish for our lunch. This isn't the good crab for the dish but it was good. I have to find big whole crab to make this recipe but I never find one. I made a big mass on the table which isn't fun to eat crab to me. I like it.

Ingredients:
1) 0.8 Lb. crab
2) 1 onion
3) 6 spring onions
4) 4 cups Chinese celery
5) 4 fresh chillies
6) 2 Tbsp canola oil

Ingredients for the sauce:
1) 1/3 cup evaporated milk( I used soy milk)
2) 1 egg
3) 2 Tbsp fish sauce or thin soy sauce
4) 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
5) 2 Tbsp Chilli Paste in soy bean oil ( Numprik pao)
6) 2 tsp curry powder

Preparation:
1) Open cooked crab from the package and set aside.
2)Wash and cut Chinese celery into 1 " length.
3) Remove chilies stems and slice.
4)Wash green onion and peel onion, cut green onion into 1 " length and slice onion.
5) In the mixing bowl, add oyster sauce, fish sauce, curry powder, milk, Chilli Paste in soy bean oil ( Numprik pao)
6) Beat egg in the mixing bowl. Then set aside.
7) Heat canola oil in the pan on medium heat.
8) When oil is hot add sliced onion. Stir fry until fragrant.
9) Pour the mixture into the pan.
10) And stir-fry until the mixture mix together.
11) Add crab into the pan.Keep stir thoroughly until the sauce get into the crab.
12) Add cut Chinese celery.
13) Add cut green onion and stir well until vegetables is getting soft.
14) Add sliced fresh chilies.
15) stir regularly for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat. Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment