Stir-fried Shrimp with Shredded Bamboo Basil or " Phad Kra Prow Gung Sai Nor Mai " in Thai.
I made Phad Kra Prow with bamboo shoots for our dinner. It was good too, I had this dish in Houston, Texas. I never thought Phad Kra Prow with bamboo shoots until I went to try Thai restaurant in Texas and I learn to try from them.
1) 16 Medium Shrimps
2) 1 cup Thai basil
3) 8 cloves garlic
4) 6 fresh chillies
5) 1/2 Tbsp sugar
6) 2 Tbsp lite soy sauce or fish sauce
7) 2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
8) 1 Tbsp Water
9) 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
10) 2 Tbsp canola oil
12) 1 cup bamboo shredded shoots.
1) Pour water to boil on medium to high heat, when the water is boil add shredded bamboo shoots for 10-15 minutes.
2) Drain and set aside.
3) Clean shrimps and Thai basil then pick only leaves and set aside.
4) Peel garlic and remove fresh chilies stems , wash dirt and pound in the mortar.
5) Heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
6) When the oil is hot, add pounded garlic and fresh chilies.
7) Add shrimps.
8) Add oyster sauce, thin soy sauce, sugar and lime juice.
9) Stir well until shrimps are cooked.
10) Add bamboo. Stir thoroughly until all ingredients get together.
11) Add Thai basil and stir for a 30 seconds.
12) Remove from heat, place into a plate and enjoy meal.