Steamed Squid with Lime Sauce or " Pla Meuk Neung Ma-Nao " ปลาหมึกนึ่งมะนาว in Thai. I got squid from Asian market last week and I steamed squid with lime sauce. It's really hot and tasty.
1) 1 Lb squid
2) 2 cloves garlic
3) 4 fresh chilies
4) 2 springs cilantro
5) 1 and 1/2 fish sauce
6) 2 Tbsp lime sauce
7) 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1) Wash the squid well after removing the inedible portions.
2) Score the squids.
3) Sprinkle with salt.
4) Pour water to the steamer on high heat, when the water is boiling, bring to squids to steam for 5 - 15 minutes.
5) While steaming the squid, let's make a spicy sauce.
6) Cut the fresh chilies, cilantro roots and garlic into small pieces.
7) Put them into a blender.
8) Well blend all vegetables and place into the small mixing bowl.
9) Add sugar, fish sauce and lime juice.
10) Stir well until the sugar dissolves.
11) When the quid is cooked, remove from the steamer and cut into a bite size pieces then arrange the squid on the plat.
12) pour the spicy sauce over the steamed squid and garnish with cilantro and enjoy it.