Steamed Salmon with Chili and Basil Sauce or " Neung Pla Salmon Rad Kra Pao Sauce" นึ่งปลาชามอนราดกระเพรา. I went to Richmond, Virginia with my husband on top of May. We had out door show Art in the park and We found Thai restaurant called Mom's Siam in West Carry Street. We went with the artist John Maurer www.johnmaurer-art.com, David Oleski www.davidoleski.com and Brian Eppley brianeppley.blogspot.com
They are incredible Thai food that we had at the restaurant. The food was great and we love all dished we got. We can't wait to go back next time.
Ingredients for Salmon:
1) 0.6 Lb salmon steak
2) 1/8 salt
Ingredients for the sauce
1) 4 mushrooms
2) 10 long green beans
3) 1/2 red bell pepper
4) 1 cup Thai basil
5) 3 cloves garlic
6) 6 fresh chilies
7) 2 shallots
8) 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
9) 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
10) 2 Tbsp thin soy sauce
11) 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
12) 2 Tbsp canola oil
1) Wash salmon and sprinkle with salt.
2) Bring water to boil, when the water is boiling place a salmon to steam for 10-20 minutes or until salmon is cooked.
Wash basil and pick only leaves from stems and set aside.
3) Peel shallots and wash very well, thinly slice.
4) Wash mushrooms, long green beans and red bell pepper, slice mushroom, cut red bell pepper into a bite and cut long green beans into 1 " length.
5) Peel garlic and remove chilies stems, then coarsely pound in a mortar.
6) Heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
7) When the oil is hot, add coarsely pound chilies and garlic.
8) Add sliced shallot and stir fry until fragrant.
9) Add cut long green beans.
10) Add sliced mushrooms.
11) Add cut red bell pepper. Stir well until all vegetables are soft. Seasoning with sugar, thin soy sauce, oyster sauce and lime juice.
12) Add Thai basil leaves.
13) Stir well and remove from the heat.
14) Place steamed salmon into the serving plate.
15) Pour the chili and basil sauce over the steamed salmon and enjoy it.