Thai Sweet Sticky Rice with Mango or " Khao Nieow Ma Muang ;ข้าวเหนียวมะม่วง " in Thai. Here is another version of sticky rice mango that I made sweet coconut topping the sticky rice mango and sprinkle with roasted sesame seed and garnish with mint. I found the ripe mango to make sticky rice mango.
1) 2 cups sticky rice
2) 1 cup coconut milk
3) 1/4 tsp. salt
4) 1/2 cup sugar
5) 2 pandanus leaves
6) 2 mangoes
7) 3 Tbsp roasted sesame seed
8) Mint ( Optional)
Ingredients for the topping:
1) 1/2 cup coconut milk
2) 1/4 tsp salt
3) 3 Tbsp sugar
1) Wash sticky rice until water is clear and soak with the warm water for 3 hours or over night.
2) Drain and prepare to steam.
3) Before bring sticky rice to steam, put pandanus leaves on the top of rice before bring to steam.
4) Pour water to boil in steamer on high heat, when the water is boiling, steam sticky rice for 30-45 minutes or until grains look clear.
5) In a pot, add sugar, 1/2 cup coconut milk and 1/4 salt to stir in a pot on medium to low heat. Stir frequently until sugar dissolves. Then turn off the heat.
6) Mix the steamed sticky rice in the mixture and cover it to let the coconut milk get in the rice for 15 minutes.
7) In another pot, heat 1/2 cup coconut milk and 3 Tbsp sugar and 1/4 salt on medium to low heat. Stir frequently until sugar dissolves.
9) This is mangoes I got from Asian market. This is perfect mango for sticky rice mango. And remember it has to be ripe mango.
10) Peel mangoes and wash them well. First you have to slide through the top at the stem. Then you use the peeler to remove the skin.
11) Hold mango with your hand, and slide from the top to the bottom. And slice it again on the other side of mango. Discard the seed.
12) Cut mango into 1 cm. wide. See picture below.
13) Place sweet sticky rice in a plate.
14) Arrange the cut ripe mango a side of sticky rice.
15) Pour the sweet coconut cream on top of the mango and sticky rice.
16) Sprinkle with roasted sesame seed and garnish with mint. Enjoy!