Thai Rice Soup with squid or " Khao Tom Pla Meuk" in Thai. This is another recipe for my breakfast.It is mild and comfort food. it's super easy to make, low in fat and calories, and healthy too. Try to make for your breakfast sometime you will fall in love the Thai rice soup with squid.
This recipe is good for 2 bowl of Thai rice soup. If you make for more people feel free to double the ingredients suite to your family.
1) 0.8 Lb. squid
2) 2 cup cut of napa
3) 2 cilantro sprigs for garnish
4) 2 cups cooked rice
5) 6 cloves garlic
6) 2 Tbsp canola oil
Ingredients for the soup:
1) 4 cup water
2) 1/4 tsp salt
3) 2 cilantro roots or stem
4) 2 Tbsp thin soy sauce
Ingredients for hot sauce:
1) 2 fresh chilies
2) 1 Tbsp fish sauce
3) 1 Tbsp lime juice
4) 1 tsp sugar
1) Peel garlic and use garlic press to grind the garlic or you can mince.
2) Heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
3) When the oil is hot, add minced garlic to fry until golden.
4) Put in a small bowl.
5) Clean squid very well and cut into 2 " length.
6) Wash napa and cut into 1 " length.
7) pour water 3 cup to bring to boil on on high heat for cook napa and squid.
8) In the same pot, bring squid to cook then drain and set aside.
9) After cook napa and squid then set aside.
10) Pour 4 cup of water to boil on high heat, add salt and cilantro roots.
11) Let water boil for 5 minutes then turn off the heat, season the soup with thin soy sauce.
12) Wash dirt from cilantro and remove stems from chilies, cut fresh chilies into very small pieces. Pick only cilantro leaves for garnish the soup.
13) Mix together of the ingredients hot sauce and set aside.
14) Put cooked jasmine rice into the bowl. ( 1 cup : 1 rice soup bowl)
15) Add cooked napa.
16) Add cooked squid.
17) Pour the hot soup into the bowl, 1 Tbsp hot sauce, 1 tsp fried garlic and before serve garnish with cilantro. Enjoy your breakfast!