Stir-fried Spicy Seafood or "Phad Cha Talay" in Thai. Today my husband finally got a new kitchen for me, good job again. It's amazing how he works on the redo kitchen did by both of his hand. He is done everything, water pump, electric, floor tile and everything else that I don’t really understand what is in new kitchen. He did amazing job and nothing to compare from what he did the past month. Thank you, my lovely husband so much for doing this. I will enjoy new kitchen so much. Art festival 2010 of my husband, David Oleski is already started on the beginning of May. We went to Richmond, VA and Bethesda, MA on the two past weeks. We had some Thai restaurant while we stayed there for a show. The food was good and there is best Thai restaurant in the USA right near by our hotel and the show site. This is the best show forever when we know we will be there near our favorite Thai restaurant called Bangkok Garden, Bethesda, MA. Now get back to my Amporn's Thai kitchen I cooked lot of dish on the past week; here is one of the dish that I would love to share with you. I made this before with Tilapia but I try to make with mix seafood this time. I hope you like it.
1) 1/2 Lb. Tilapai
2) 10 shrimps
3) 1/2 Lb. squid
4) 3 cloves garlics
5) 6 fresh chilies pepper
6) 1/4 cup sliced Kra Chai Root
7) 3 stalks lemongrass
8) 2 Tbsp young green pepper Corn
9) 1 cup Thai Basil leaf
10) 3 sliced Shallots
11) 1/4 cup oil for fry the fish
12) 2 Tbsp oil for stir-fried
13) 1/2 Tbsp sugar
14) 2 Tbsp lite soy sauce or think soy sauce
1) Wash tilapia, clean squid and peel shrimps.
2) Take out the young green pepper corn from the jar and pick up only the seeds from the stems.
3) Wash Thai basil leaves and pick only the leaves from the stems.
4) Peel garlic and take the stems out from fresh chilies and clean very well. Use the mortar and pestle to crash the garlic and fresh chilies pepper .
5) Peel the shallots then slice into the small pieces., Wash Krachai Root then shred it.. Cut the end of lemongrass then thinly slice.
6) Cut tilapia into 2 " length and sprinkle with salt.
7) Heat the ¼ cup oil on medium heat. When oil is hot put cut Tilapai to fry until cook. When the fish is cooked them flip another side to fry until cook.
8) Drain the fried tilapai on paper towel.
9) Pour 2 cups water in a pot, bring to boil on high heat, add squid, scald for 2 minutes, then drain and set aside.
10) Heat 2 Tbsp. canola oil on on medium heat or you can reuse oil from fried tilapia.
11) When oil is hot, add pounded garlic and chillies, fry until fragrant.
12) Then Add sliced shallots to fry until fragrant.
13) Add shredded Krachai into the pan.
14) Add shrimps.
15) Seasoning sugar and thin soy sauce. stir well until shrimp is cooked.
16) Add add scalded squid.
17) Add fried tilapia into the pan and stir well.
18) Add sliced lemongrass.
19) Add young green pepper corn into the pan then stir thoroughly.
20) Add Thai basil leaves.
21) And stir well until all ingredients get together ,then remove from the heat. Enjoy!