Stir-fried Shrimp , snow peas and red bell pepper with tamarind sauce or " ผัดกุ้งใส่น้ำมะขาม phad Gung Sai Num Makahm" in Thai. I cooked dinner with tamarind paste again last night. I stir-fried shrimp with it. I had once at Connecticut last year. Tonight I am going to try to make it. This simple to prepare, I added fresh chilies to make the dish spicy.
1) 15 shrimps
2) 2" Length tamarind paste
3) 2 Tbsp thin soy sauce
4) 1/2 Tbsp palm sugar
5) 1 red bell pepper
6) 1 cup snow peas
7) 4 cloves garlic
8) 3 shallots
9) 2 Tbsp canola oil
1) Clean and peel shell.
2) Wash red bell pepper and snow peas, cut the end both side of snow peas and cut red bell pepper into 2 " length.
3) Soak tamarind paste in water 1/4 cup for 20-30 minutes.
4) When the tamarind paste is soft, squeeze the soaked tamarind well to release all the pulp from it. Strain to get thick tamarind juice and discard the pith and seeds.
5) I have 3 Tbsp tamarind extract.
6) Add think soy sauce and palm sugar to mix with tamarind extract.
7) Peel garlic and remove chilie stems pound garlic and chilies in a mortar.
8) Peel shallots and wash dirt, thinly slice.
9) Heat canola oil in a pan on medium heat.
10) When the oil is hot, add pound garlic and chilies.
11) Add sliced shallots.
12) Stir fried until fragrant then add shrimps.
13) Pour the mixture to stir in the pan with shrimps until shrimps are cooked.
14) Add snow peas.
15) Add cut red bell pepper.
16) Stir quickly for a minute and remove from the heat. Enjoy.