Salmon Salad in Thai Fresh Spring roll. I have salmon in my refrigerator and I try to think what I can do with my salmon that I planned to get on the road. Here is the perfect recipe today. I steamed salmon and make a salmon salad to fill in the spring roll wrapper. This is the best food to have in the car. You can just pick up the rolls and eat while we sit on the car. I like to make it more spicy sauce. It helps us to wake up sometime when we drive the car.
1) 0.74 lb. salmon steak
2) 1 cup chopped red cabbage
3) 1/2 cup chopped basil leaf
4) 1/2 cup chopped spinach
5) 1 Tbsp Lime juice
6) 11 spring roll wrappers
7) 1/8 salt
Ingredients for the sauce: 1) 2 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
2) 1 Tbsp Sriracha chili sauce
3) 1/8 tsp salt
4) 1 Tbsp lime juice
5) 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
1) Wash salmon and pat to dry. Then sprinkle salt all over both side.
2) Pour water in a steamer and bring to boil. Place dish in the steamer and steam on medium-high heat.
Steam for 20 minutes or until cook.
3) When the salmon is cooked. Remove from the heat and let it cool down 4) Wash basil very well and chop basil leaves.
5) chop red cabbage .
6) Chop spinach.
7) Flaked steamed salon into mixing bowl.
7) Add chopped basil leaves, spinach and red cabbage.
8) Mix all ingredients until get together and seasoning with lime juice and salt.
9) In small bowl, add sriracha chili sauce, hoisin suace , fish sauce, salt and lime juice and mix well.
10) Prepare the spring roll wrappers.
11) Take out one of the rice wrappers and place it in the bowl of hot water. You may have to gently press the wrapper down into the water. The rice paper will soften in approximately a few seconds.
12) When the wrapper is soft enough to eat (these rolls do not require cooking), remove from water and place on the clean working surface.
13) Place a spinach near the end of the wrapper.
14) Place about 1 Tbsp of filling in the spring roll wrappers.
15) Pour the sauce on top of the filling.
16) Fold the right and left side into the center.
17) Life the center of the wrapper and fold over the filling and roll tightly. Complete the roll by folding over the other Side of the wrapper then keep rolling to the end of roll.
18) Now you got one roll, make sure you make the roll tight and not fall apart.
19) Keep do the same step for next roll.