Tilapia Red Curry with baby corn and red pepper or "Khang Phed Pla Sai Khao Phod On Lae Prik Yauk" in Thai. I like to make red curry with tilapia too. First time I had some restaurant in the state. It was really good at that time and I came home to try to make it. It becomes my main dish here.
1) 1/2 Lb. Tilapia
2) 20 baby corns
3) 1 tsp palm sugar
4) 1 1/2 Tbsp lite soy sauce or fish sauce
5) 1 cup Thai Basil
6) 3 fresh chillies
7) 2 kaffir lime leaves
8) 1 cup coconut milk
9) 2 Tbsp red curry paste
10) 3 fresh chillies
11) 6 cilantro roots.
12) 1/4 tsp salt
13) 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
1) Wash Tilapia and prepare to marinate with ground cilantro roots, fresh chilies and fish sauce.
2) Remove chillies stems then use a mortar and pestle to crush the chillies and cilantro roots with salt.
3) Put 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce into the mortar.
4) Bring to marinate with clean tilapia for 20 minutes.
5) After marinated time, bring the fish to steam for 15-20 minutes or until cook.
6) While the tilapia is steaming, prepare to make red curry sauce. Pick fresh chillies from stems, Wash fresh chilies and lime leaves then slice into halves.
6) Wash very well and Pick only sweet basil leaves from stems.
7) Wash it. Cut the very end each side of baby corns and cut into halves.
8) Cut red bell pepper into 2" length.
9) Heat 1/2 cup of coconut milk over medium heat until the oil surfaces.
10) Add red curry paste.
12) Stir constantly for 2 minutes until fragrant and red oil surface.
13) Add cut baby corns and stir for a couple minutes. 14) Add cut kaffir lime leaves.
15) Add cut red bell pepper.
16) Add Thai basil leaves.
17) Add sliced fresh chilies.
18) Stir quickly to heat sweet basil, kaffir lime leave and red pepper so they retain their colour, then remove from heat.
19) Remove steamed fish from the steamer.
20) Place a steamed fish into the plate.
21) Then pour the Red Curry Sauce with baby corn and red pepper on top of fish. ENJOY!