Thai Steamed Salmon with Ginger or "Pla Salmon Nueng Sai Khing" in Thai. I have learned to cook Thai dish with salmon today. I Steamed salmon with ginger. This is my first dish with salmon. It's very easy steamed fish recipe but it tastes great. To me, the taste of the dish is more like Chinese food. I love it. The combination of Oyster sauce, ginger, sesame oil and soy sauce provide a wonderful flavor for salmon. My husband said, "it is very delicious and I can't do anything like this" . If you would like to try this dish. Here is recipe for you to try. And also, I have friend from Norway ask me about some dish with salmon. Here you are.
1) 0.79 Lb. salmon steak
2) 2 Tbsp thin soy sauce
3) 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
4) 1/2 Tbsp sugar
5) 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
6) 4 green onions
7) 5 sprigs cilantro
8) 3 red chillies
9) 1/4 cup shredded ginger
10) 1/8 tsp salt.
1) Wash salmon very well.
2) Then sprinkle salt all over both side.
3) Peel ginger skin.
4) Then shred ginger.
5) Wash cilantro and pick up only the leaves and cut the stems into 2" length. Cut the fresh chilies into halves.
6) Wash green onions and cut into 2.5 " length.
7) Divide shredded ginger, cilantro and green onions into 2 parts. Place first part on the dish. Put all stems of cilantro.
8) Then place salmon steak on the top of the all vegetables.
9) Mix thin soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, and sesame oil in a bowl, stir until well blend.
10) After that pour the sauce mixture over salmon.
11) Place remaining ginger, cilantro and green onions and sliced fresh chilies on salmon steak.
12) Pour water in a steamer and bring to boil. Place dish in the steamer and steam on medium-high heat.
13) Steam the salmon for 20 minutes of until the salmon is cooked.
14) Remove from the steamer and enjoy it!