Thai rice vermicelli noodles with fish sauce or "Kanom Jeen Nam Yaah" in Thai. Here is another spicy and taste rice vermicelli noodle with fish sauce. It's very healthy dish and lot of Thai herbal in the Kanom Jeen Nam Yaah Paste especially, Krachai. There is lot of fresh vegetables to eat with the dish. Although, the original don't have grind peanuts in the sauce but here I put some of it. I love how it taste and smell of the sauce with peanut. It's really good. I have friend from Japan to join our wedding at my village. She had a chance to try this dish and she keep talking about this dish. Here is for you, Mie San.
1) 1 piece Talapai.
2) 1/2 package of rice vermicelli noodles
3) 2 Tbsp Kanom Jeen Nam Yaah Paste
4) 3 Tbsp fish sauce
5) 1 Tbsp palm sugar
6) 1/4 cup grind peanut
7) 1 cup bean sprout ( Side dish)
8) 1 cup thinly slice green bean ( Side dish)
9) 1 cup coconut milk
10) 1/2 cup water
11) 1 egg boil for ( Side dish)
12) 1 package pickled mustard ( Side dish)
13) 3 roots of krachai
1) Grind the peanuts by using the mortar and pestle then set aside.
2) Pour water in a pot, bring to boil on medium heat, add cut Krachai and Tilapai to boil about until Krachai soft and Tilapai is cooked.
3) Put Kanom Jeen Nam Yaah paste into the mortar
4) Add cut Krachai and cooked Tilapai into the mortar.
5) Well pound boiled krachai, cooked Tilapai and Kanom Jeen Nam Yaah paste in a mortar then pound to a fine paste.
6) In the pot heat coconut milk on medium heat.
7) When the coconut milk is hot put the paste into the pot.
8) stir regularly to prevent sticking at a bottom. After adding 1/2 cup water, seasoning with fish sauce , grind peanuts and sugar, bring to boil, and remove from heat.
9) Pour 4 cups water in a pot, bring to boil on high heat, add thin rice vermicelli noodles, and stir thoroughly. Boil about 5 minutes or according to the instructions on package until soft.
10) Pour out hot water and rinse in cold water. Grab a handful of cooked noodles, roll the noodles around your index finger, and place it on a plate. This will become a noodle nest.
11) Boil egg for side dish. ( Optional)
12) Clean bean sprout and set aside.
13) For pickled mustard, rinse, and slice into small pieces. Pour 3 cup water in a pot, bring to boil on high heat, then add pickled mustard, and let it boil about 10 minutes. Drain, rinse in cold water, squeeze water out, and place them on a plate.
14) Slice green bean thinly then set aside.
15) Now we prepared every ingredients. Next I am going to show you how do we serve the dish?
16) When we serve food we can put the side dish on the top or the bottom. Here I put some in the bottom.
16) Put the cooked rice vermicelli noodles on the top of vegetable.
17) The last pour the sauce on the top and put all sliced vegetable on the side dish as you like some more. Enjoy