Monday, March 1, 2010
Stir-fried Shrimp with curry powder
Stir-fried shrimp with curry powder or "Gung Phad Phong Karee" Today, I wanted to eat this dish and I am happy to share with you about Thai dish with aroma of powder curry. This recipe is very unique in Thai cuisine. It has oyster sauce, roasted
chillies paste, egg, milk, fresh chilies, Chinese celery, onion and spring onions. You will get a little of sweet taste and aroma of the powder curry. This is one of my favorite dish in seafood restaurant. I like to order with crab. It can be very expensive depending on the size and weight of the crab. It is absolutely delicious. If you would like to try this dish. Here I share some recipe for you. Enjoy!
1) 26 Shrimps
2) 1 egg
3) 1/3 cup milk( I used soy milk)
4) 2 Tbsp fish sauce or lite soy sauce
5) 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
6) 2 Tbsp Chilli Paste in soy bean oil ( Numprik pao)
7) 2 tsp curry powder
8) 1 onion
9) 4 spring onions
10) 2 cups Chinese celery
11) 4 fresh chillies
12) 2 Tbsp canola oil
1)Clean shrimps and peel shells.
2) Wash and cut Chinese celery into 1 " length.
3)Chop garlic and slice chillies.
4) Cut green onion into 1 " length.
5) Slice onion.
6) In the mixing bowl, add oyster sauce, fish sauce, curry powder, milk, Chilli Paste in soy bean oil ( Numprik pao) and beat egg in the mixing bowl.
Then set a side.
7) Heat canola oil in the pan on medium heat. When oil is hot add chopped garlic and sliced onion
8) And stir-freid until fragrant.
9) Pour the mixture into the pan and stir-fry until the mixture mix together.
10) Add shrimps into the pan.
11) Stir well until shrimp is cooked.
12) Add cut Chinese celery.
13) Add cut green onion
14) Add sliced fresh chillies and stir until all ingredients get together and Enjoy