My husband and I grilled Salmon with lemongrass and coconut milk sauce for our lunch this afternoon. We tried something different. It has very interesting flavor between coconut milk and lemongrass combination. I have garlic, palm sugar, lemon juice and fresh chili in the sauce. It’s just sweet, sour and spicy. All these flavors come together in the hot sauce and it is just tasty. If you would like to try to make it. Just follow me step by step. It's easy and healthy dish. Maybe you like it.
Ingredients for grill the salmon:
1) 2 salmon steaks
2) 3 sprigs cilantro for garnish
Ingredients for the sauce
1) 7 cloves garlic
2) 2 stalks lemongrass
3) 3 Tbsp lemon juice or 1 lemon juice
4) 1 1/2 Tbsp Palm sugar
5) 3 Tbsp fish sauce
6) 1/2 cup coconut milk
7) 10 fresh chilies
1) Wash dirt from cilantro then pick up only leaves from the stems for garnish the dish.
2) Remove the chilies stems and wash it then slice into small pieces. It has 3 in this photo but I add another 7 chilies pepper cause of it wasn't spicy enough for us.
3) Peel garlic and wash very well then thinly slice.
4) Cut the end of lemongrass and finely slice.
5) In a blender, place sliced of lemongrass, garlic and chilies into the blender.
6) Make sure well blend all ingredients.
7) Then add in the mixing bowl.
8) Add coconut milk, palm sugar, lemon juice and fish sauce.
9) Stir very well until all ingredients get mix together and taste your own flavor. It is supposed to taste just sweet, sour and spicy.
10) Wash salmon steaks and pat it dry.
11) Pour 1/3 of the sauce over the salmon and turn salmon pieces several times in the sauce. Keep the rest of the sauce for next step.
12) Cover and put in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 10 minutes or several hours.
13) After marinate time, heat the grill pan on medium to high.
14) While salmon is grilling, place remaining sauce into small pan over medium-high heat.15) Let it boil then reduce to a simmer and stir until sauce get thick. Taste your own flavor, adding more lemon if it's too sweet for your taste, or more palm sugar if you prefer it sweeter. You can also add more coconut for a milder, richer flavor. If desired, add more chili for a spicier sauce. Remove from the heat.
See photo after marinate the salmon.
16) When the grill pan is ready place salmon to grill for 4 minutes each side or until the inner flesh is no longer translucent when gently pulled apart with a fork.
17) When the salmon is cooked, place in a plate. ( see photos )
19) Pour the sauce over the salmon and garnish with cilantro or you can serve remaining sauce on the side.